Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Folks and Old Photos

New folks ... just added 14 more people to my website:



It all started as research of Dessie Blake Dobbs.  I have this old photo from Mom's collection that identifies Dessie, except that I don't know which of the two women is Dessie.

Another name is written on the back that looks like it might be Diora Pyles.  As you can see above, I found Anna Diora Dobbs, but she married Clell Lydick - so that leaves me scratching my head right now.  Did she marry more than once, or am I simply barking up the wrong tree?

And then there is the WWI soldier that I have no clue about.  Could be a husband, a brother, or just a friend.

When I look at the same three people in a second photo, it looks like the woman with glasses is older than the soldier and the other woman ... could she be a mother?



If you can help identify the folks in the photos above - I'd love to hear from you! 

One last note:  As for website progress, I made some adjustments in the photo galleries on my website in an effort to get them a little closer to alphabetical order by surname and to make sure photos showed up where I wanted them.  Just another phase in my cleanup efforts. 

No comments: