Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Arthur McGary & Louisa Perkins

Arthur & Louisa (Perkins) McGary
Arthur McGary and Louisa Perkins were married 14 November 1854 in Belmont County, Ohio.  Arthur was born 11 February 1823 and died 27 April 1899.  Louisa was born 02 April 1836 and died 28 May 1926.  Both were born in Ohio - and both died at Fork Ridge, Marshall County, West Virginia.

Arthur & Louisa are my 2nd great-grandparents following this line:
  • Arthur McGary married Louisa Perkins
  • Daughter: Cancedella McGary married Charles Gibson Aston
  • Daughter: Dessie Charlotte Aston married Charles McClure Harris
  • Daughter: Alda Louise Harris married Donald Glenn Kuhn
  • Daughter: ME!
This photo is one of many that were included in a beautiful photo album that my Grandma Dess gave me when I was young - the album was her mother's.  Fortunately, Grandma Dess had written names on many of the photos in this album so that I have been able to match the photos with people I have recorded in my genealogy program.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This man (Arthur McGary) is my gggrandfather. My ggrandfather's name was Isaac Newton McGary. Our branch of the McGary family has been removed from its W.V. roots for over 100 years now, ever since my grandfather, Willard McGary followed his wife Clara Lucinda Pritchard to the Big Horn Basin of Wyoming. They had 13 children together, all now deceased -- their grandchildren, and great-grandchildren are now scattered all over the U.S.

-- Michael.C.McGary@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

You mentioned that surname Summers as being of some interest. FYI Willard McGary's mother-in-law is this woman:

•Name: Lucy A Elizabeth SUMMERS
•Surname: Summers
•Given Name: Lucy A Elizabeth
•Sex: F
•Birth: 20 Mar 1852 in Ritchie Co, West Virginia 1 2
•Death: 30 May 1928 in Hyattville, Big Horn Co, Wyoming
•Burial: Hyattville Cemetary, Big Horn Co, Wyoming

-- Michael.C.McGary@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

After poking around a bit on the web, I have discovered that my great grandmother Lucy A. Elizabeth Summers was a first cousin of your Joseph Summers. Their fathers, David and Elias were brothers. Their common ancestor was this man:

•Name: Alexander SUMMERS
•Surname: Summers
•Given Name: Alexander
•Sex: M
•Birth: 9 Mar 1778 in Frederick Co, Maryland 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
•Death: 12 Apr 1847 in Monongalia Co, West Virginia
•Burial: Pisgah United Methodist Church Cemetery, Morgantown, Monongalia Co, West Virginia 11
•_UID: DECEFCEF00A3B44598201DE7AD8CB4EAC6CE
•Change Date: 3 May 2011 at 10:21:15

-- Michael.C.McGary@comcast.net

Jo said...

Glad to hear from you Michael! In my records I have a son of Arthur & Louisa named Isaac N. who would be your Isaac Newton ... married Sarah Cummins in WV on 09 Sept 1879.

So far I've found 5 children, including a son named Willie E. who must be your grandfather Willard. I have a birth date of Aug 1881 for him per the 1900 U.S. census.

I'll contact you via email - we can exchange additional McGary info if you're interested.

I need to take a closer look at the Summers info before I comment on it. McGary's are in my mother's lines ... Summers in my father's. I never expected those two to cross, so this will be interesting to research!

John said...

Arthur McGary was my gggrandfather, Isaac Newton McGary was my ggrandfather, Joseph Russel McGary was my grandfather, and Theodore McGary was my father. I found your blog while looking for Arthur McGary and his father William McGary. William McGary was born July 20,1779 died Feb.22,1842. William was married to Sarah (Coulson) McGary, she was born in1786 and died July 24,1846. If you have any other information about them I would appreciate it, especially anything prior to William .
P.S. I met some Willard E. McGary’s children (my dads first cousins) and his grandchildren on a vacation to Wyoming in 1956.
Thanks for all your work
John McGary