Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cobwebs Be Gone ... and Backwards It Is!

Considering that my last blog post was in October, it's a good thing that working on genealogy isn't dependent on writing new posts!

Blogging is a lot harder than it looks.
It takes time.
It takes ideas.
It takes creativity.
It takes dedication.
It takes more than I've been willing to give it the past few months.  An idea would pop into my brain, I would think about what I might write, then I would promptly move on to other things and another day/week/month would go by.  Sigh.

So winter passed and it's now spring ... time to start anew.  Shake off the cobwebs, so to speak.

Last October I thought I had a "substantial portion" of cleanup on my website done ... but I later discovered it wasn't as done as I thought it was!  I found some issues that required changing the way I was inputting parental and birth info.  It was one of those "back to the drawing board" moments that set me back considerably.

I'm now working backwards one person at a time through the folks that appear online.  I thought I would try working backward instead of forwards to see if it would help with momentum.  And I think it's actually working!

The technicalities involved with getting my website formatted the way I want have been more difficult than I expected.  The review I've been working on for months has started and stopped and started and stopped way too many times.  This time though I've made it from person ID# 2752 backwards through ID# 1644 making updates and corrections.  That may not mean much to you, but I'm quite pleased to have finally gotten this far.

I'm off to upload the latest updates to the website ... be sure to check out the Recent Updates and the New Persons Added.  Then I'll resume where I left off with my review.  If backwards is what works, then backwards it is

No comments: