Sunday, August 5, 2012

Did you miss me?

One of the primary rules for a successful blog is to post frequently ... guess I missed the mark on that one!  Actually I do have a good excuse.  When I started my West Virginia Heritage website last September, my plan was to slowly add people as I worked my way through a huge clean-up process, one person at a time.  And then I changed my mind.

My new plan was to do some "relatively quick" clean-up for limited types of info (primary events like birth, marriage, death, and burial plus a few others).  Then I could expand the site to include all the people in my database that are deceased.  The only problem was that I actually believed that I could do a "relatively quick" clean-up.  Ha!

I still have a few things to find and fix, but I decided to pull the trigger earlier today.  The website now includes 1,274 people (although a few of those are "pseudo people" used to create pages for cemeteries, census records, etc.).

You may run across something that looks a little weird - maybe something out of place or not worded quite right - that's the kind of things I'm looking for so I can get them corrected.  Feel free to email me if you find something.  Think of this as a challenge like "Where's Waldo?" ... except this is "Where's the Errors?"

Happy Hunting!

No comments: