Sunday, September 18, 2011

West Virginia Heritage website

There were times when I thought I'd never see this day ... my West Virginia Heritage website is now not only online, it's pretty much "good to go" as far as info layouts and source citations.

I also now have the photos sorting into the appropriate image galleries that are organized by:
  • The family lines of my great-grandparents (Aston, Church, Clark, Harris, Kuhn, McGary, Richmond, and Summers)
  • Cemeteries (Fork Ridge Christian, Oak Grove Methodist, Harris family, etc.)
  • Places and Buildings
  • Documents

There are a lot more photos to come, but at least I now have figured out what I need to do to get them organized the way the way I want them.  That's always the hardest part; figuring out what outcome I'm trying to achieve and then actually getting it to work!

Tomorrow I'll explain about the "non-person people" that are included in my website.  If you're scratching your head on that one, just check back tomorrow ... I promise it will make perfect sense.

No comments: