Friday, November 12, 2010

Welcome

Let me take this blog a little further with a few details.  I am researching the ancestry of my grandparents:
  • Paternal: Herbert Samuel Kuhn and Nellie Belle Church
  • Maternal: Charles McClure Harris and Dessie Charlotte Aston
Other important surnames include: Clark, Lydick, McGary, and Summers.  My family is concentrated in Marshall County, West Virginia,  but other prominent counties include Calhoun, Monongalia, Taylor, and Wetzel.  Of course, all of this area was part of Virginia prior to 20 June 1863, and is often shown as (West) Virginia by many researchers for events that occurred in the areas of Virginia that would ultimately become West Virginia.

In the next few posts I'll add more details for each of the lines and share some of my questions and brick walls.  If you believe we have a common ancestor, I hope that you will contact me so we can compare and share info.

No comments: