Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Gotta Love Cousins

I have recently been in touch with two very distant cousins who have inspired me to turn this blog back into an active one again:
  • The first cousin has a blog of her own, Living in the Past, that includes tie-ins to my Church line … descendants of Henry “Old Hundred” Church.  I love the look and feel of her blog that resulted from the "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge that she completed and then continued even after the actual challenge was done.  Great job, Denise!
  • The second cousin had contacted me after seeing my WV Heritage website to touch base on a couple possible connections, including “Old Hundred.”  Her own research led her to question some of the dates associated with Henry Church and his marriage to Hannah Keine, and that sent me back to my previous research.  As I wrote my initial response to her, it hit me that it was the perfect basis for a blog post.  Thanks, Rise!

So this is my “ok folks, I’m back” post. 

Tomorrow I’ll start sharing my new thoughts on the timing of Henry’s arrival in America, his marriage to Hannah, and the birth of their first son, William.

No comments: