Monday, October 3, 2011

A Word to the Wise

I'm busy these days updating, correcting, and adding census information to my West Virginia Heritage website.  Keep your eyes on the Recent Updates page to follow along.

And once that's done, I'll be adding more info about the people who are currently included on the site ... things like military service, immigration, etc.

And once that's done, I'll be regularly adding more people - which is where the "word to the wise" comes into play.  If you bookmark pages for specific people on the website, please be aware that those links may stop working as I add people.

The best thing to do is to bookmark the home page or one of the main pages such as the Surname Index or Recent Updates - those links will stay the same.  Pages for specific individuals or photos are more prone to being changed when my software publishes my data to the website.  It's an automated process that does its own thing!

So if you get 404 error pages advising you that something can't be found, try starting at the home page and using one of the menubar links near the top.  Odds are the info is there ... but if you still can't find it, I hope you'll send me an email so I can see if there is a problem.

Remember that I would love to hear from you if you have additions or corrections.  You can send an email from the bottom of any of the website pages.  Hope you're enjoying it!

No comments: