Friday, May 6, 2011

Funeral Cards

Funeral cards come in various forms … single cards (similar to a postcard) and small folded cards seem to be common for those prepared by funeral homes.  They give basic info that usually includes name, birth and death dates, and info regarding any memorial service and burial location.  

Then there are personalized cards that are prepared by the family … these usually include a photo and give a great deal of insight into the individual's life.  

Anyone who gathers family history treasures both kinds of cards, standard or personalized, for the information they provide.  When Mom died, I added the cards she had saved to my existing collection.  I thought for sure I would find a funeral card for her mother, Dessie (Aston) Harris, but much to my dismay I did not.  I hope I can find one someday.

No comments: