Monday, May 23, 2011

Website Status

Too many days between posts ... but it's due to a good thing ... I've been concentrating on my genealogy database to get just a little bit closer to putting a website online.  I have close to 2,400 people in my database which may sound like a lot, but it's actually small by some folks' standards.

I've decided to start small with the number of people to ensure that the info I publish online is as accurate as possible.  Once I get the site going, I'll keep adding people on a regular basis.  I started a test site with my direct ancestral lines then added their spouses and parents - a total of 55 people for the inaugural site which will include these surnames:

Anderson
Aston
Binnegar/Binegar
Black
Church
Clark
Creighten
Emerick
Harris
Irey/Iry
Jones
Kuhn
Lydick
Matthew/Mathew/Mathews
Mayer
McGary
Murphy
Perkins
Richmond
Roberts
Schon
Schumacher
Shimp
Shutts
Summers

I'm about halfway through this group, which means I need to get crackin' and decide on a web host before much longer!

No comments: