Friday, July 1, 2011

Samuel E. Clark & Margaret Shimp

Samuel E. Clark is my 2nd great-grandfather ... the father of my dad's paternal grandmother. How's that for a brain teaser?

I've been trying to put together a post about Samuel and Margaret, but the more I dig into my info, the more conflicts I keep finding. I don't want to post the conflicts here until I'm a little more sure of my line of reasoning.

Since I didn't make the June 30th goal I had set for myself, the least I can do for those of you who are waiting to see the Clark information is to go ahead and show you these photos of Samuel and Margaret:

Samuel E. Clark

Margaret (Shimp) Clark

Just to make the brain teaser a little easier to follow, especially if you're one of my Kuhn relatives ...
  • Samuel and Margaret were the parents of Hattie Clark, who married Adam Kuhn.
  • Adam and Hattie were the parents of Herbert Samuel Kuhn, who married Nelle Belle Church - they are my paternal grandparents.

If you're interested in the Clarks but not so much in the Kuhns, keep following the blog ... there will be more to come once I solve some of my own brain teasers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprize to see what my Great Grandparents looked like !! As far as I know, there were never any pictures of them saved by the family on my side. I cant wait to see and read more about them and your brain teaser. Tom Clark

Jo said...

Tom,
I'm glad you found these! I know how thrilled I am everytime I find a photo of my ancestors. It's great to put a face to a name.

I am still working on my Clark inconsistencies, and it looks like I won't be able to resolve some of them until I find an official record of Samuel's birth. It appears likely that he was born in Washington, PA, so I need to visit the courthouse and see what I can find. Stay posted!!

Unknown said...

these pictures ive seen for the first time ever. and these are my 3rd great grand perents

Jo said...

Hi Chris,
Glad you found these photos. If you would please, use the email on my Blogger profile to contact me. Thanks!